Monday, November 14, 2011

My First Altered Tin


I have to start out by saying, THIS NEARLY DROVE ME NUTS, but once I got it all figured out, I LOVED IT, and can't wait to make more. 

The reason it started out bad for me is because I didn't have the right kind of tin. The only ones I had were deep with windowed tops. I had to build up the underneath of the lid to even it out because there was a frame around the window, (darn, I didn't take any pictures of that - I'm making another one with the windowed lid and plan to post a "step by step" for that one). This gave me a shortened lid depth and it's relationship to the container itself was off. It's all good though. It worked out beautifully as you can see from the pictures. 




Once I figured it all out if was easy and fun. I always say experience is the best teacher and I got tons of it on this first tin. Thank you to Cathy Bluteau, I really enjoyed learning from you, (for more info on creating altered tins, check out Cathy's class at Creative Workshops and my previous blog post )

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Sometimes the ones that stress us out end up being our faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan, you never showed me this - it's wonderful - so glad you are having fun with it -keep it up - going to spend a bit of time looking around your blog okay
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan