Monday, March 21, 2011

And Yet Another She Art Canvas

I've been busy busy on my canvas projects. I am so loving this workshop. Christy Tomlinson is a great teacher and she talks to us like we are in her living room, just one on one and we've known each other for years. She is truly a wonderful person.


So here's my latest. This is the last canvas in the first week. Yeehaw, I finished my first week.



I thought she had a zen kind of look. That wasn't intentional, just how it came out. Maybe I was feeling rather relaxed.

I tried a few new things with this girl. Using a lace doily for a collar and as an edging on her pant leg and the bottom of the dress. I also tried my hand at doodling. And lastly, I shared my craft table with my oldest DD. She made her own girl and is already working on a second. She really seems to enjoy it and I'm enjoying being creative with her.


This is KC's, (my daughter), first attempt and I think she did a wonderful job. She seems to be way less inhibited than me about how things go on. She is just trying everything. She is so brave.



I especially like her use of color and her free hand painting. She painted the little flower in her girl's hair, (that would just scare me to death at this point).  She also put her She Art phrase on at an angle. I think it looks so free and daring. Pretty much just like my little girl.


Happy Creating.

Susan

3 comments:

  1. Aww they both are great! You can see KC in her's. It's so neat to see everyone's different "Style" show through these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these canvases. I'm excited to see KC painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now convinced I need to take this class! Like Jackie said, it is so awesome to see the individual style shine through on the canvases.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan