Friday, March 9, 2012

It's Still Here!

It's been so long since I've posted that I wasn't sure my blog would still be here. I half expected it to have been absorbed into some blogger abyss. (Like that could happen. Well, maybe it could).

Anyhoo, if you are reading this, my thanks to you for returning after my long hiatus. I appreciate your loyalty and I hope to have a more regular plan for posting in the future. Yes, I have a plan, (work with me on this please), a plan that includes getting some things that I've been working on posted to the blog. Even though I've been MIA from the blog, I've been having a blast in my Playroom, (It's really a mess too. If my children's playroom ever looked this bad I would have had a cow on them)

So, real quick, I want to share my new found fun pastime. It's called Zentangle. I used to call it doodling but someone, (obviously a smarter someone than me), came up with a nifty name, published a few "how to" books on the subject, certified educators, started teaching classes, and is probably making a tiddly little sum from this ancient art form, (why oh why can't I think of these things). 

Here are my first two attempts, (in order of completion), at Zentangle. 





I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with the results. And, even though, I made some off handed comments above, I do plan to take a class next month at my favorite LSS, A Scrapbook Store and More. It appears there are many, many more techniques that I have yet to learn and as an art form, Zentangle is in a class all by itself.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love the heart. Glad to see you back and can't wait to see what you have been making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're here. I love the Zen's :) That heart one is great! I would do them all the time although it takes me hours to get my eyes back in focus after doing them LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan