Friday, May 9, 2014

Steampunk Grey

All finished with a new piece. This is the end result of the textured project I've been working on. Many, many layers of media on this and several fun hours learning a new technique.  The end result is a 10 X 10 canvas piece that weighs a little more than your average wall hanging, but some weight on just the right wall can really anchor a spot. To top it off, I think it's sold already.

A few weeks ago I happened across several fascinating pieces by Andy Skinner. He has an interesting style that incorporates a ton of different mediums. After previewing some of his videos and workshops I was hooked and signed up for an online class to learn more about his process. This project is from a freebie course that was added on to the one I actually signed up for. What a bonus.

Products used on this piece include Liquidtex Modeling Paste, Golden's Course Pumice Gel, a variety of paints, dye cut shapes, and pieces from my prized rusty metal collection.

Thanks for stopping by. Please take a moment to share comments below.

Happy Creating.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan