Saturday, May 3, 2014

Upcycled Vase



I found a very sad and unloved pitcher at the thrift shop a few weeks ago. Darned, no before picture. You'll just have to trust me on this one. It was pretty awful but it was no lost cause. A new coat of paint and a little distressing with some antiquing techniques here and there and WOW. The transformation is incredible, (again, you have to take my word on this one). The graphics are from my favorite image website, The Graphics Fairy and were transferred using a gel medium on a reverse image print from a laser printer. 

A lovely French lady from Canada purchased this finished product to use as a flower vase in her guest room. According to my customer, the wording is an advertisement for a rental apartment . She thought it would suit the theme of her guest room perfectly.

You are invited to leave a comment and thanks for stopping by.


Happy Creating.
Susan

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! Your vase is outstanding! Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. I take that as a huge compliment coming from such a talented person.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Wow Lori. You really liked it enough to say so twice? Got love the cyber world, hiccups and all.

      Delete
  4. Wow, can't believe YOU BLOGGED! So glad you got a picture of this before it sold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was about time don't you think Jackie. Oh yeah! I was thrilled to find the picture on my phone. I must have snapped it just after I finished it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan