Monday, January 17, 2011

The Distractible Scrapper. A Short Explanation.

I love all things paper crafted and I’m always looking for new design concepts and projects. This however gets me off task, hence the name, “The Distractible Scrapper”. But don’t be fooled. My distractible nature can be tempted by many things, not just new ideas. Email, family, the phone, my daughter’s cute dachshund, (aka my grand dog), or a need for a coffee refill can take me from scrapping to cleaning in nothing flat.


Can you relate? You start working on a new layout when you realize your coffee’s cold, you go for a refill and from the corner of your eye spy a pair of your daughter’s shoes, you take them to her closet and can’t help but grab an armful of laundry, then you head to the washer, but you’re out of detergent so you make a detour to the notepad on your desk to make a grocery list which later will include the dairy products you noticed missing after you clean out the fridge, next you wash the leftover containers and start off to the grocery store. Five hours later the house is clean, shopping’s done, laundry’s folded and put away and you’re wondering why you have a caffeine withdrawal headache. Sound typical? Then maybe you too are a Distractible Scrapper. If so, don't despair. It's ok. You're probably like millions of other crafty people. I'm sure it's a sign of genius.



Still I keep wondering how it’s possible to produce any kind of project when I’m constantly getting off tract. From layouts to minis and mixed media to altered trinkets, my desire to create blooms through the distractions. It’s as though the need to create is innate and I can’t resist the urge to make something artsy with my hands.


If your nature is similar to mine and you're easily diverted but also have the urge to create, you have my blessings and also my sympathies. It can be difficult but I find it necessary to carve myself some uninterrupted time to create.  Hopefully, somewhere in the middle of your distractions, you too will find your own uninterrupted time to make masterpieces of your own.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan