Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Not a Thing to Show

Don't have a thing to show today, not that I've not been creating, just don't have any pictures uploaded and ready to post. I do however have something to share. I am working on changing some habits and setting some new goals for my personal time.

The past couple of months I've been really organizing. Everything from the kitchen drawers to the garage have been decluttered. It's a wonderful feeling of freedom to get rid of stuff you are taking care of but really have no interest in owning.

My house is more comfortable and tidy and that makes me feel no guilt about spending time in my crafting area. The first thing I've started to declutter in that area is my photos. I have tons that are printed and plenty of digi prints still stored on my computer. I have a new goal of scrapping at least 30 of those printed pictures every month until they are gone. I really think that I could do more, (the last 2 days I scrapped 15), but the older pictures not in digi format will have to be scanned and stored. And I'm making some new rules about my layouts. I want them to be pleasing but I also want the pictures out of the drawers and onto paper or other material so I am back to doing a lot of double layouts and using sketches that allow me to put SEVERAL pictures on the layout. Also I'm recording on the back of the layout the names of as many of the people in the photos as I can possibly identify. I've noticed that even when I journal I don't always included the identity of all who are pictured. Lastly I'm keeping a log of my progress. Every time I finish a layout I'm recording the number of pictures to help me track my goal progress.

I'm hoping that some of you will help me stay accountable with my goal by checking up on me from time to time and to make that a little easier, I've also created a blogging goal. I will strive to post at least once a week, (you'd think someone as wordy and long winded as myself would never find reason not to post to her own blog. After all, talking about yourself and what you are doing is just the bestest, next to creating of course).

Thanks for stopping by

AND

Happy Creating.
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Oh look! It's letting me post! Geez. Anyway, I have an idea, you write for me and I'll give you photo's to post :) I HATE the writing but like posting pics ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan