Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Halloween Wreath

You might remember this wreath from earlier in the year. It's just a simple wreath created with die cut paper flowers. I usually change out the embellishments on the wreath with the seasons. This is how my wreath looked for spring and most of the summer.



I'm feeling a change in the air, (yes, even in Florida there are changes to the seasons - subtle, but changes none-the-less). The high temps don't last the greater part of the day and our mornings and evenings are a little bit cooler. All this makes me want to change out the deco to match the new feeling of the outdoors. Yes, it's time to make a pull out the pumpkins, leaf garlands, and change out my wreath. 

I'm starting this season a little ghoulish.  With some barbed wire garland, spiders, a really cool black pendant, and some orange dyed cheese cloth I created a Halloween theme to my previous springy/summery wreath. Quiet a change don't you think?






Just an FYI - This is not an outdoor wreath. The Florida humidity would ruin a paper wreath in no time flat. I just hang my wreath on the inside of my door and since my front door opens to the outside, it still makes a nice greeting when coming inside.


Happy Creating.
Susan

3 comments:

  1. I love the cheescloth on there! Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great makeover! I just love the "ghoulish" feel of this wreath.
    BTW, Maine isn't even feeling fallish these days. It has been in the 80's for the past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new wreath. Still not feeling the fall though. You have more shade trees than me. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan