Thursday, September 29, 2011

That's a Lot of Hearts

Several weeks ago I drew hearts all over a page in my art journal. I painted them with several Pearlescent Watercolors and outlined them with a very fine black pen. They were cute and the page served as an outlet for some creative urges but that was it. I closed the book and didn't give it another thought until my niece was flipping through the journal and asked me about the colors in the hearts. 

Last night I was playing with my Faber-Castell PITT big brush and loving the results I was getting on a stamped image and thought, what the heck, I'll try it on those hearts. OMG I could not believe the difference in the page. The hearts started jumping off the paper. They went from blah to bam. I loved the change. (so many pages in my journal are a never ending work in progress. I go back to them time and time again to add something. Bet you do the same thing too).


Today I sat down with that page again and started adding "heart" quotes to the inside of the drawings. Just filling in the hearts with words of inspiration. I think that now I might finally be finished with the page but who knows, I might find another quote to add.


Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan