Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Git-R-Done

This past week I’ve been trying something new. I call itGit-R-Done scrapbooking. The goal is to get a bunch of pages done. I focus on pictures and sans the embellies, (well, not completely). The purpose is to get some pictures out of my file drawer and to use up some of that paper that’s been sitting around forever. I’m not looking to win any awards for layouts or design, I just want to accomplish my goal.
To get started I chill a bottle of some kind of sweet wine, (Riesling or White Zinfandel works just fine), fire up some music on Pandora Radio, (mostly 70’s or classic rock, Bon Jovi or Def Leopard, oh AC/DC is also to my liking – really I’m not picky, I just like the 70’s and 80’s and some of the 90’s music – how in the world can a semi-redneck, country music lovin’ mom be so stuck in the music of her youth? LOL). Next I go to the pictures that I know I need to get onto paper. As far as the paper is concerned, it doesn’t have to be the top of the line. As a matter-of-fact, I aim to use up some of that STUFF that’s been sitting on the shelf for eons.


Even though I’m concerned more with just mounting the pictures on the paper than with the artiness of the whole layout, I still want something that is pleasing to the eye. However, my goal is to scrap pictures, not to copy the masters. Scrapping is about what I like. Really, scrapping is to satisfy me, not to make the masses happy. I don’t do it to win contests or to derive praise. I just like to be crafty and sometimes need help in that area.

When it comes to scrapping a lot of pictures at one time, I find my best inspiration from May Flaum. She is just my idol when it comes to getting the most out of a 12X12 space.

For these layouts I’ve used some pictures from our family vacation last summer. We took a road trip to northern Indiana to spend a week at my husband’s family’s lake cottage. We also had the pleasure of visiting with many of his relatives at the Garman reunion. What fun. Good food, great company, wonderful memories and alone time with my hubby and the girls, (although be it in the van traveling up and down the highway, it was wonderful). Most of the paper for these two pages came from a couple of kits that I bought clearance somewhere or another and embellishments that have been on my homemade embellishment holder, (more on that in another post), fOREVER!!!

Hope you enjoyed viewing these layouts as much as I enjoyed making them. I think for the next few days I’m going to continue with my Git-R-Done projects. I’ll post a few more as I finish.
Happy Creating.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. I love the staggered sizes of the letters, I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan