Saturday, February 19, 2011

Project 12 January

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted. I've been so busy and dIStRACted that I've not devoted the time I would like to my blogging and creating. Well, that's not exactly true because I've been cooking. I made two original new for dinner this past week. I also finished my Project 12 layout for January.

Ok, this is not really supposed to be a challenge. At least I don't think it is. It's seems more of an encouraging project than a challenge. Either way, I got it done.


I had a very difficult time with this sketch and had to do a lot of altering to make it fit my projects and my color scheme. I've been having this orange and pink thing going on and that made it a little hard for me to mix patterns. Mixing patterns and colors is a challenge for me. Here's what I came up with once I was settled enough to sit down and scrap for an uninterrupted hour.


The theme for Project 12 is to scrap what was going on in the month. For January I always have two things going on - Organizing and taxes. Organizing is an ongoing theme with me but it's almost like a nesting instinct at the beginning of each year. I've got much accomplished there and will get even more done next month when the girls have spring break. My taxes aren't usually finished until February but all the prep work starts in January. I'm happy to say that everyone in the house has completed and transmitted their tax returns. YIPPEE!!!!



This year I did two new things in January. The first was to learn new art techniques. This continues to be ongoing - I'm having a blast letting my inner preschooler scribble and color through this desire to be more artsy and not just creative. The other newbie for the year was creating this blog. It took me a couple years to finally mustard up the drive to get it done but now that it is, I find I like blogging and believe it gives me a little extra push to finish projects so that I can post my accomplishments.



It's already time to start working on the Project 12 layout for February but we spend so much of this month volunteering at our local county fair and I won't to wait until I have more photos of the fair events before I start scrapping. I aim to post the layout sketch for February sometime this coming week.

Happy Creating.

Susan




1 comment:

  1. That's a cool idea for a LO :) Looks like you did pretty good staying with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan