Wednesday, November 30, 2011

25 Days Until Christmas


Today while I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs I came across an interesting entry from Julie Fei-Fan Blazer at Blazer Designs. I'm just going to give you the gist since the info is long, but I invite you to please check out Julie's original post.

How would you like to have a record of your Christmas thoughts and memories? One where you do a little bit everyday instead of one huge project you put together in January. Sounds good to me. How much better would it be if the daily project was as simple as answering a question? Last but not least, what if the questions were already supplied? You wouldn't have anything left to do but the "artsy" part. The part that's you.

I make an effort to craft in some fashion every day. It might be an entry in my art journal, working on a long term project, altering something, (my favorite past time), or scrapping a few photos. No matter what, there's always something on my desk that draws me in. For the month of December I'm planning to spend a little bit of my time each day documenting something that's associated with Christmas.

The idea originally came from a challenge over at Two Peas in a Bucket. The link I have is corrupt so I can't point you in exactly the right direction, (ain't technology grand), and I'm so sorry I can't give credit where credit is due. Originally the challenage was to answer the question of the day in your blog post. Julie took it a step further and created a mini album. Here's part of the original post and the questions:
Here's a little blogging inspiration for the next few weeks while we count down until the big day! This year, rather than one big meme about Christmas, use the questions below as a prompt. Answer one each day of December. It doesn't have to be your entire entry, add it to whatever you are posting. I'm posting them on this first day of December and will answer one on each designated day. I will also ask each day in the month. A little holiday cheer each day! By all means, share photos to go along!
1. Colored lights or white lights on your house or not at all? 2. Hot chocolate or Egg Nog? 3. What's your favorite holiday dish? 4. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? 5. Do you hang mistletoe? 6. When do you put up your decorations? 7. What's your favorite holiday tradition? 8. What's on the top of your tree? 9. Do you have a nativity displayed through the holidays? 10. Candy Canes, traditional or flavored? Or Chocolate Covered Cherries? 11. What's your favorite holiday goodie to make and share? 12. What's your favorite Christmas song? 13.When did you learn the truth about the "magic" of Christmas? 14. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? 15. Is there a special ornament or Christmas decoration that you wouldn't feel like Christmas without? 16.Do you take neighbor gifts/treats to anyone, everyone, a select few? 17. Is your big meal on Christmas Eve, Christmas morning or Christmas afternoon? 18. How do you decorate your tree? 19. Snow? Love it? Dread it? Tolerate it? 20. Do you remember a favorite gift? 21.Do you have a family get-together during the holidays with extended family? 22.What's the most important thing that you must do each Christmas season? 23. Do you bake Christmas cookies? 24. Do you leave cookies and milk for Santa? 25.What's your favorite Christmas memory?
So, are you up for it? I'm aiming high and going to try a daily creation. I'm not sure I can make it everyday but I'm going to give it my best shot. Now I'm off to look through some old photos of Christmas past. I want to glean some ideas and maybe incorporate a few into my journal pages over the next 25 days.


Thanks for stopping by.


Happy Creating.
Susan

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan