Friday, November 11, 2011

So Much to be Grateful For



Generally I live my life on the bright side. Even in the midst of a crisis, I look for, and usually find the silver lining. Some may say that is a very naive way to live life, others would say it's because I am a Christian, but I just call it faith, (whether it's obvious to me or others, everything happens for a reason). Regardless of what I might think or others might call it, it's just how it is for me. 

This month I've decided to join in on Tracy Weinzapfel's 30 Days of Giving Thanks. I haven't been as organized about my posting as Tracy but you can find my post at my Facebook Page. (if you aren't a "friend" email either to FB or thedistractiblescrapper@gmail.com or send a friend request to Susan Chestine Garman).

I would like to encourage you to participate also, (it's not too late). While you may not want to expound your thankfulness in such a public manner as a blog or Facebook post, I encourage you to keep a journal or simply take a moment each day to pause and give a little nod of recognition to something you are grateful for. Really, you have nothing to lose and it might even change your day or start a trend that could change your life forever.

I hope you have a wonderful day, full of all kinds of gratitude and reasons to be thankful.

30 Days of Giving Thanks

Day 11. Today I find myself mindful of the many men and woman who have sacrificed so much for my personal freedom. God bless you all and thank you for your service. I am grateful for each and every one of you.

Day 10: I am thankful for the small space at the end of my living room that I call "the crafting area". It's like having a little piece of the world that belongs just to me.

9. After reading my daughter's comment to a status I posted earlier today, [you should check it out, she called me a bum :) ] I realize that I am so totally blessed and grateful to have a good, solid and friendly relationship with my children. We can be honest [not that I'm really a bum], find humor in our flaws, and just enjoy the company of each other. I love you K.C. Garman and Sara Garman.
8. It's been a tough week financially with the appliance melt down we've been having here. This in it's own rite has made me grateful. I am so fortunate and grateful to be able to find the riches in life in things other than money. While I wish I didn't have to embrace the difficulties, I am grateful that they do not define me.
7. I am so grateful for my moment of "me time" that I get to have almost every morning.
6. Giving thanks for my children who have grown into wonderful young adults.
5. Thankful for my home where I can take refuse even on bad days. I love my home!
4. Giving thanks for friends who can't wait to share their good news with me.
3. Grateful that our family was and still is willing to make the sacrifices necessary for the girls to be homeschooled, (even though one is graduated and both are in college)
2. Thankful for quiet mornings.
1. Grateful for change.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty. The dimensional flowers really rock this canvas. Way to go on journaling the things you are grateful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan