Monday, November 14, 2011

My First Altered Tin


I have to start out by saying, THIS NEARLY DROVE ME NUTS, but once I got it all figured out, I LOVED IT, and can't wait to make more. 

The reason it started out bad for me is because I didn't have the right kind of tin. The only ones I had were deep with windowed tops. I had to build up the underneath of the lid to even it out because there was a frame around the window, (darn, I didn't take any pictures of that - I'm making another one with the windowed lid and plan to post a "step by step" for that one). This gave me a shortened lid depth and it's relationship to the container itself was off. It's all good though. It worked out beautifully as you can see from the pictures. 




Once I figured it all out if was easy and fun. I always say experience is the best teacher and I got tons of it on this first tin. Thank you to Cathy BluteauI really enjoyed learning from you, (for more info on creating altered tins, check out Cathy's class at Creative Workshops and my previous blog post )

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Sometimes the ones that stress us out end up being our faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susan, you never showed me this - it's wonderful - so glad you are having fun with it -keep it up - going to spend a bit of time looking around your blog okay
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan