Thursday, October 20, 2011

Canvas Heart

My workspace is still in a state of upheaval. I feel like my brain is stuck in a planning flux and it can't escape. All kidding aside, I am making lots of progress it's just slow.

One thing I can do in my limited workspace is use my laptop. This past Monday I had some time in the evening and I tuned into Helmar's weekly upstream video with Tracy Weinzapel


I worked right along as Tracy made her own beautiful heart canvas but, as always, something DISTRACTED me; I had a really hard time with writing the quote. It took me another three days of working on the canvas to complete it but I am really pleased with the results. Best part of this project, (ok, two best parts of this project), first, I was able to watch Tracy show the correct way to use Helmar's 2 step Crackle Medium.

Don't you just love those juicy cracks?
Second, I had all the products and didn't need to scurry out to buy anything extra or substitute a major supply. (I did make my own flowers and cut some lace to make it the size I wanted and to shabby it up).


To complete one of these projects yourself you will need:

flat panel or stretched canvas,(size is up to you)
gesso
blue acrylic paint (two different shades)
red acrylic paint
charcoal pencil
lace or ribbon 
flowers
letter rubons
black and white ink,(either India ink or a permanent ink pen)
about an hour to watch the video

Should you decide to make one yourself, please share a link in the comment section below. I would love to see how your heart turns out. Also, I'm sure Tracy would love to hear from you too. There's posting info for her listed in the video.

PS If your LSS doesn't carry Helmar how about introducing them to this wonderful line of products by sharing their website  http://helmarusa.com/.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Hello...this is SUPER cute! Love it!!!!!!! When I get back from vacation I am going to definitely check this out!! Nice seeing last weekend!
    Tracy V

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan