Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Collage Monday

Every week starts off with Collage Monday over at Donna Downey's studio. Collage is one of my favorite art forms and watching other artist's process and ideas inspires me to work in different materials and formats. Today Donna posted a collage she made from magazine photos. The colors on her page, (especially the yellow)really got me fired up today. 

While Donna's project may have inspired me to work on a new collage, my process didn't go down a road even close to Donna's. Funny how someone else's design just gets you up and gets you moving.



To create my Monday collage I used some leftover Graphic 45 scraps from a Tattered Angels class I took with Stayce DeWid last weekend at a Scrapbook Store and More, (my favorite LSS). Using the Graphic 45 makes my creation all the more special to me because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their papers. As with several of my other projects, these papers came from a 6X6 pad so the print is smaller and suits my tastes to a "t".


This was an easy and fun, (also messy), project. I'm thinking about using leftover project scraps for more of these creations in the future. My page can be cut and used for cards, tags, mini album covers, page embellishments, and probably a dozen other things. Can't wait to make new projects from it.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan