Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Layout at Last

Finally I scrapped a picture. I've been so immersed in mixed media that I've set aside pictures, (I could add an extra measure of art to my mixed media and get scrappy with some photos - hum - something to seriously consider). 

Last weekend while at the Celebration Crop at my favorite LSS, I pulled out a piece of sassafras that's been hanging around for months in one of my page kit bags. 



I love the layered look of the paper but it's just that, "a look". I wanted some real 3D layers. I decided to dissect the page a bit with my nifty little craft knife. Then I roughed the cut edges with something, (can't remember what it was - I forgot my distress tools), from Cheryl's bag. (got to love friends - especially those who are always there to bail you out, even if it is with just a piece of sandpaper).



After attaching a piece of cardstock to the back of the patterned paper I put down the picture, added a little trim to the pocket I created, put on some flower brads and a chipboard title and called it a day. It felt good to scrap that picture of Jackie, Cheryl, and me. It was taken over a year ago at a weekend scrap retreat.



The project really was a lot of fun. I'm finding that I like to switch up my layouts with new techniques, (maybe not new to others but new and untried by me).

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

1 comment:

  1. This came out fabulous. How about just scanning a copy for me to add to my album? LOL. Really love the way you dissected the page. I'll need to remember that, because I have some papers like this too and just keep putting off using them because they are flat. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan