Sunday, October 9, 2011

Vintage Mini Envelope Book

So, is it "Vintage Mini Envelope Book", or "Vintage Envelope Mini Book"? I have no idea. Thank goodness the mini wasn't as hard to make as the title for this entry. 

A week or so ago Julie Fei-Fan Balzer posted a mini tag book that was made from coin envelopes. I thought I would just quickly assemble one so I would burn the process into my poorly functioning brain cells, but I just couldn't stop once I started.

Here's the link for Julie's original tutorial, (I won't mess with perfection by trying to retype it here).

My mini is made from Julie's first example and I followed it pretty much to the "t" except I used a letter opener to slit open the bottom of the envie before I attached it to the other envelopes, (easier to just not include a screwed up envie than try to fix it after it's already a part of the book).





Once I attached all the envies together, I used Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and Antique Photo to age them. I love the results.


Following the same process I also made some tags for the envelope pockets.  I aged the white string the same way. Got to love Ranger products.




Here's the finished product. Wish those were real pictures, (I would love to have a collection of vintage photos), but they are cut out from a Graphic 45 On the Boardwalk 6X6 pad, (I love the smaller print on 6X6 papers). 


Front cover


Inside front cover


Back cover

Another really fun project and the beach theme coordinates perfectly with The Paper Variety's current challenge.  Their week 55 challenge is all things ocean and nautical. Deadline for entering this challenge is Tuesday at noon. Oh, and I forgot to mention the prize for the winner of this challenge is from WeScrap.  Isn't it pretty? 



Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan!!! This is a really great idea! Love how they came out!!! Hope to see you at the store again soon!
    Hugs,
    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just FABULOUS!!! LOVE.IT!!! So clever... Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic mini album, Susan! Thanks for sharing how you made it; how cool to use envelopes. Love the vintage images. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Variety!
    -Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan