Saturday, December 17, 2011

16th Day of Christmas - Gifts and Treats for Neighbors


Do you take gifts, treats, or food goodies to your friends and neighbors? We used to do this. We even participated in a gift giving tradition that we called, "The Twelve Days of Christmas", where we gave an anonymous gift each day to represent the items in the song. For example, on the first day of  December we would leave a friend or neighbor pears, a bird feeder on the 4th for "calling birds",  a dozen eggs on the 6th for "Geese a-laying"; you get it. We loved doing this and the girls had a blast helping figure out gifts that matched the song. It was a family tradition that I remember fondly. The anonymity was exciting; we only got caught once.

As far as other goodies.... Since I'm not a baker I've never really gotten into this. I guess I could run to the bakery, buy some treats, put them on pretty plates and stick a bow on them, (goodness knows I've done this for holiday party potlucks - shh, don't tell anyone).

I would love to hear how or if you bring treats and gifts to your friends and neighbors. Please feel free to comment in the section below.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan