Saturday, December 17, 2011

17th Day of Christmas - The One About the Meal


When's your big Christmas meal? Do you have it on Christmas Eve? Maybe you have a huge breakfast on Christmas morning, (at least it's one time you can cook without constant interruptions from little ones - they are so busy playing with all their new goodies they hardly notice we are on the same planet). Instead, is your big meal midday or perhaps a dinner?

Ours is a midday meal. But, as it is with everything else, it could change. Over the years we've had to make adjustments due to a family members' work schedules, (my husband used to work retail and my sister works in the medical field - neither industries are conducive to a regular routine), but for the past several years we've been able to stick to the midday feast.

As I'm typing, I just realized that this project has helped revel something to me. Post after post makes mention of "we used to", or "year's past", etc. I never realized before just how non-routine our holidays have been. As the kids grow, as employment status changes, and even the effects of the economy, our family has just rolled with it. My girls have gone from babies who like to play in boxes to young women who like to help cook the holiday meal. Makes me smile as I type.

Ok, enough of the sappy stuff. What's your meal tradition? Feel free to share in the comment section below. I'm headed to find a tissue.

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Creating.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan