Tuesday, December 20, 2011

20th Day of Christmas - Favorite Gift



Do you have a favorite gift? I do. Mine didn't come wrapped in a box or with a pretty bow on top and it didn't arrive all that long ago. As a matter of fact, it came just two years ago filled with carloads of people and a living room full of kids. 

About 12 years ago my father's employer at the time moved him back to our home state of North Carolina and since then, we have often been separated from him and my step mom at Christmas time. 2009 was different though. All of us were able to have Christmas in NC with Daddy. When I say all of us, I mean all of us. My dad has four children; we're all married with kids of our own and we all live hundreds of miles from him. Somehow though, it worked out that every single one of us could be in NC, at the same time, for that one magical Christmas of 2009. It's the most perfect gift I've ever received. A bit cramped but full of love. Makes me a little homesick just thinking about it.

I would love it if you shared the memory of one of your own special gifts. It could be big or small, sappy, sweet, or just plain ole' indulgent. Maybe, like mine, it's just a wonderful memory. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

Happy Creating.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
Susan